Saturday 2 April 2011

Introduction

Greetings.

I like games. I've started this blog because I now want to write about games. In fact, I've always wanted to write about games, I just never realised it. The real reason I started this blog is because I want to become a games journalist. This is an idea that's been buzzing around in the back of my mind for a very long time, remaining there while I wondered if it would be a good idea to turn a hobby into a profession. After looking into several career paths and soon deciding I had no interest in them, I finally decided that this is probably the only thing that makes sense.

I have a passion for games. The way book lovers, film buffs and music enthusiasts feel about their respective media is the same way I feel about games. I don't just play them as a way to pass time. I play them to appreciate them. I'm always looking forward to the next great gaming experience I'll have. Maybe it already is more than just a hobby for me. All I need to do is take that extra step (or steps) forward to turn it into a lifestyle.

So before attempting to break into the games journalism industry, I'm going to have to develop my writing skill. I've enjoyed writing on and off in the past, but never really shared it or turned it into a frequent activity, mostly because I wasn't really aiming for anything. This is where I'll begin writing reviews of games I'm playing and articles about any gaming topics that come to mind.

Currently I own a PS3 and a gaming PC. I did have a Wii and DS but I recently sold both because they'd become dust gatherers. Of course, this was before I decided I wanted to start writing about games... I realise now that they could have provided extra material to write about. I'll do what I can with what I've got though. Obviously with a 9-5 job and other monetary responsibilities, I don't have the time or money to play and review every new game that's released, so the games I review will often vary in how long ago they were released. Again, I'm mainly trying to develop my writing skill so whether the game is new or not shouldn't matter.

If anyone reads my blog and wants to offer any comments or constructive criticism, by all means do so. I'm here to learn so anything that'll help me become a better writer is greatly appreciated.

So without further ado, I'll post my first review...

No comments:

Post a Comment