Sunday 29 May 2011

This Week, I 'Ave Been Mostly Playing... (29/05/2011)

Infamous

I finished it! I'll be posting a review within the next couple of days, so I won't say any more about it here.

World of Warcraft

I take back what I said about Un'goro Crater last week, as we ended up rage quitting the zone due to some truly terrible quests. One such quest involves taking an NPC knight around the most densely mob-populated area to complete various tasks. Of course, he loves to aggro everything in sight, so you spend most of your time wading through unnecessary combat to reach your next goal. You can dismiss him, but for some reason you have to run back to the random place he's standing in to have him follow you again. Other than that, there just seems to be a lot of needless running back and forth. What a shame that one of my favourite zones is now one of the most annoying.

We decided to go all the way to the other side of the world to the Swamp of Sorrows next and plowed through all of the quests there this evening. It's good to see that there's actually something there these days. It makes me wonder if any of the other previously 'empty' zones have been updated with more quest-lines.

We're now level 54 and just starting on the Blasted Lands. The Dark Portal looms...

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean
 
I've played this a couple of times this week and I'm almost at the end of the second film. I don't really have any more to say about this other than that I'm still enjoying it.

Team Fortress 2

Even more shocking than the fact that I dabbled in an FPS game is that I actually went back for seconds! I've been mostly sticking to the soldier class because it seems to be a general all round killing machine. Now that I've got into the habit of shooting the rocket launcher at the feet of my enemies rather than over their heads, I'm actually getting some kills in.

While it's great to play on maps that involve a lot of teamwork, it was fun to jump into a small map with around 32 people playing, where the team objectives were mostly being ignored in favor of a massacre. Picking the heavy almost felt like cheating. Fun, though.

What's Next?

Before starting on my next main game, I'm finally going to play Sonic 4. I have no idea what to expect as I made a point of not reading any reviews before playing it, so as to not go into it with any preconceptions.

After that, I think I'll finally, FINALLY, play Dragon Age: Origins. I've had it for over a year, and whenever I've tried to play it, something has always got in the way. Mostly it was the fault of my last PC, which broke down on a regular basis. Lesson learned; never buy a pre-built PC; always build. I don't know what possessed me to do so in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment